Are all of them using the latest Creator version (3.3 CP1)?
I presume you are talking about Prototyping Kits which need to be programmed using the Cypress Bootloader host.
The development kits (named Pioneer) can be programmed directly from Creator as the CY8CKIT-043 prototyping kit.
So which board exactly are you using?
Some of the boards use the bootloader host. The new 044 units have a programmer attached and should be seen by the Psoc Creator providing that the software was installed correctly and you have the kitprog showing up in device manager. Each of the programmers should be reading the user guides so that they know how to use the boards.
Thanks for the reply.
I am talking about the small break-board like kits which can be inserted into the USB without the need of a cable.
We are all running Creator 3.0 and not 3.3
Can this be the cause?
Is there a reason you are using Psoc Creator 3.0 instead of the latest software? You should always use the latest software due to the updates to it and the components. I'll will check that kit against the 3.0 software.
Okay I checked the CY8Ckit-049-42xx with the PSOC Creator 3.0 and it works. I have some questions
1) The board is not seen by PSOC Creator. It is seen only in Bootloader Host in the tools menu of PSOC Creator.
2) You need to have the following settings for the Bootloader Host. Baud 115200,Data bits 8,Stop bits 1, Parity none.
3) When you plug in the board you should see it listed in the Left Panel under ports My board is Com 7 and says it is USB Serial Port.
4) Have you installed the kit files under the CY8CKIT-049-42xx board data ?
5) To Program the CY8CKIT-049-42xx You must Hold down the S1 switch and the LED on the board must be flashing.
6) This Web page has all of the information. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-4-cy8ckit-049-4xxx-prototyping-kits it installs the files for this board look for the CY8CKIT-049-42xx Kit Only (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) you must be signed into Cypress web site to download these files.