ADC DMA memory transfer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I wanted to know how can I transfer the data from the ADC to the Memory(EEPROM) by saving it. Then later displaying on the LCD screen.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Aakash,

EEPROM writing is very slow operation, size is limited (2k) and writing can be only in raws (16? bytes). How DMA fits into this? You may save ADC data to memory using DMA and then transfer it to EEPROM for storage using CPU. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

There are plenty of AppNotes on the DMA. They also show exactly how to transfer ADC results with DMA to memory. (I think for the -050 kit the sample program even worked that way and showed the result on the LCD; but I might be wrong)

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Aakash,

EEPROM writing is very slow operation, size is limited (2k) and writing can be only in raws (16? bytes). How DMA fits into this? You may save ADC data to memory using DMA and then transfer it to EEPROM for storage using CPU. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It would be advisable to save the data in SRam, not in EEProm which really needs programming. When you want to save data over a power-down you may use some external memory like FRam or an sd-card. FRam is available on the CY8CKIT-044 board.

Bob

0 Likes