Viewing data from sensors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just recently bought a PSoC 4 BLE module. I am new to the PSoC environment and my previous experience with microcontrollers and development boards is restricted to the Arduino IDE. I have a doubt regarding interfacing sensors with PSoC. The sensor I am using is an LM35 temperature sensor in the 3-pin TO-92 package (datasheet attached). In the Arduino IDE, reading data from sensors is simple since they have a built-in serial monitor and a few simple commands such as Serial.Read() and Serial.Write(). I was wondering if PSoC had something similar and if not, how I can read data from the sensor and display it on my PC screen.

Thanks and regards,

Ganesh

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Ganesh: Here is a Program that will work for your application. Just replace the Die Temp Component and you are in business. The PSOC family of devices are a lot better than the Arduino Devices and they come with a interface so you can use your Arduino Shields. Welcome to the Forum.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Ganesh: Here is a Program that will work for your application. Just replace the Die Temp Component and you are in business. The PSOC family of devices are a lot better than the Arduino Devices and they come with a interface so you can use your Arduino Shields. Welcome to the Forum.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Please also read the BLE documentation, because BLE works completely different than a serial port. Its designed for low-power applications, and therefore use a more event-based mechanism.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob and hli. I have a doubt as to why there is a PSoC 5LP chip on the kit. Can't I program and use the PSoC BLE module without the PSoC 5LP?

Thanks,

Ganesh

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you want to program a chip (in this context: transferring the contents of a .hex file into the chip's flash memory) you need a programmer. There is the MiniProg3 as a stand-allone programmer you might use. For the Pioneer and the newer Prototype Kits there is an on-board KitProg made with a PSoC5LP that allows for programming and debugging.

Bob

0 Likes