Windows or Mac? If Windows open device manager and open com ports and look for it.
in Device Manager > other devices > KitProg Programmer
i have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them from there.. not fixed the problem
Also in Ports(COM & LPT) > KitProg USB-UART (COM12)
any ideas on what to do when this ^ is located?
found it, what now?
Please follow the steps below to reinstall the KitProg USB UART driver.
1. Open Windows Device Manager, right click on the UART device and select Update Driver Software... This device should have a yellow exclamation point if the driver is not installed and should only appear when the kit is plugged in
2. Select Browse my computer for driver software
3. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
4. Select Ports (COM & LPT) and click Next
5. Select Have Disk...
6. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\KitProg and select the KitProgUSBUART driver
6. Select next and windows will install this driver Let me know if this solves the issue or if you have any other questions,
I am happy to help.
Hi i followed your step by step successfully and it still isnt recognising that there is a device compatabile when inside PSoC creator 3.3
So when you go to program the device it doesn't show up in the device list? Also what is the com port that is shown in the device manager? Also you don't have some other program on that port such as a terminal program?