1 2 3 Previous Next 44 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 11:35 PM by userc_40623 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
        JoMe_264151

You are not working with a CY8C4245AXI-483 44-TQFP chip alone, you have got a complete board with some hardware already on it. Under Programs(x86)\Cypress\ you will find all your successfully installed kits, under documentation\hardware are the schematics (as pdf). You will see, which pins are dedicated to board-internal hardware as the accelerometer, themperature measure etc. These pins will not be available for your experiments. There are already two switches on the board, but you probably may connect your module's switches in parallel.

The accompanied material in the kit's documentation show precicely the GND ports and all the other signals brought out to the connectors. Just read it.

Bob

• 16. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
          userc_40623

Even for just a LED blinking I'm not working on a a CY8C4245AXI-483 44-TQFP chip alone ? Because the lessons only show how to use the things already on the Cypress. No matter how much I've searched on Internet, every time I found a tutorial for blinking a LED, it was for the LED on the Cypress but I want to do it with an external LED. I looked at the "Pin Assignment Table" section inside the "CY8CKIT-042_Kit_Guide.pdf" like you told me to do but it didn't help me at all. I've tried to assign a port to the LED according to the "Pin Assignment Table" (I've put the LED to the port P2[6] so according to the document it's D8) but when I connect the cathode to D8 with everything correct at the anode, nothing happened.

• 17. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
            JoMe_264151

Change the drive-mode of your pin2_6 to "Strong", then it will be able to drive an LED.

Bob

• 18. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
              userc_40623

Thank you so much ! I owe you so much ! One question : now, I'll add a switch to light the LED, but in the brackets after the "if", I can't write "(Pin_SWI_0 = 1)" I must write "= =", but in my few knowledge about the language C, "= =" isn't to say high or low state, and do I have to put the drive mode of the input pin in "strong drive" too ? I know I look like someone who know absolutely nothing but usually, I'm way better than that ^^ I'm really starting to stress because Friday will come really quickly and I still don't know how to initialize that damn DOGM162 LCD in 8 bits mode SPI. I've found some initialization for the LCD but (I'm not sure) I think it's not in SPI (http://www.lcd-module.com/support/application-note.html). Anyway, I've made a giant jump thanks to you.

• 19. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                JoMe_264151

A switch is usually connected between pin and GND (for security reasons). When you set the drive mode of the input pin to "Resistive pull-up" and "initially High" you will get for Pin_SWI_0_Read() as result a 1 when SW not pressed and a 0 when  SW pressed. so your if could read as

if(!Pin_SWI_0_Read()) {  // Switch pressed

Bob

• 20. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                  userc_40623

Thanks ! I've been wondering something, last week you said that the EA DOGM162 does not have a HD44780 chip, but it have a ST7036 chip integrated, and in the datasheet (http://www.lcd-module.de/eng/pdf/zubehoer/st7036.pdf), it says (page 1, right column) "Instruction compatible to ST7066U and KS0066U and HD44780". So, do I still have to program and initialize all by myself ? If yes, I looked again at the "programme clavier" archive you gave me and I understood that the four "LCD_Data" Pins with "LCD_RS" and "LCD_E" are the same that the pins of the LCD component, but if I must use this method, how I am supposed to print something on the LCD ? I hope that with that new information, it will simplify the task.

• 21. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                    JoMe_264151

As I already pointed to: Drop a Character LCD on the topdesign, build the project, check which port was assigned to LDC (change port if you need to).

Open the Character LCD Datasheet (right click on the component and select Open Datasheet) and look for the APIs (LCD_PrintString() etc..)

Look at my post from Januara 7th

Bob

• 22. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                      userc_40623

Yeah, I already tried it but it didn't work. Maybe it's because I didn't initialize it or my connection isn't good, but nothing appears on the LCD. What I said about initialization in the datasheet but I don't know how to write it in the code so I took a screenshot and put it inside the archive, what I use to the connection of the LCD on the breadboard and finally here's the pins with their function are inside the archive too.

• 23. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                        JoMe_264151

Alex, I already told you that the initializations in the datasheet do not show for 4-bit databus, only for 8-bit.

Follow consequently my advices, do not initialize the component yourself, but use LCD_Start().

Post your project when not working as expected,

Bob

• 24. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                          userc_40623

I'm really sorry, I'm stressing so much, I want to progress really quickly because there's only 3 days left with today so I read too quickly ^^'. There's something that bother me with the LCD component, when we assign the port in the ".cydwr" file, we must chose 6 pins from a certain order and I chose "P2[6:0]" but "P2_6" is a bit far from the 6 others. And for the pin "RW", on the "connection LCD 5V 4 bit" picture, this pins is connected to the Cypress but I connected it on the ground like I did on Isis. On the picture "pins-symbols-function", the pin 21 correspond the pin at the left of the picture "breadboard connection".

• 25. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                            JoMe_264151

There is another component where the pins are not bound to be on one port, but there have been troubles with the latest revision afaik. Stick to port2 and make a nicely configured cable bunch.

Bob

• 26. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                              userc_40623

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are there some wires not connected to the right spot ? 

• 27. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                                JoMe_264151

I was referring to your complain "There's something that bother me with the LCD component, when we assign the port in the ".cydwr" file, we must chose 6 pins from a certain order and I chose "P2[6:0]" but "P2_6" is a bit far from the 6 others. "

"And for the pin "RW", on the "connection LCD 5V 4 bit" picture, this pins is connected to the Cypress but I connected it on the ground like I did on Isis" RW pin is needed for status (LCD_Char_1_IsReady) checking, so do not connect it with GND.

Bob

• 28. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                                  userc_40623

I wonder why, but before, when I was connecting "R/W" to the GND, I already had 7 pins (without counting +5V and GND) to the Cypress and now that I connect "R/W" to P2_6, I still have 7 pins used. So, right now, my connections are :

pin 21 (CAP1N): floating ; pin 22 (CAP1P) : floating ; pin 23 (PSB) : +5V ; pin 24 (VOUT) : +5V ; pin 25 (VIN) : +5V; pin 26 (VDD) : +5V;  pin 27 (VSS) : GND ; pin 28 (D7) : P2_0 ; pin 29 (D6) : P2_1 ; pin 30 (D5) : P2_2 ; pin 31 (D4) : P2_3 ; pin 32 (D3) : GND ; pin 33 (D2) : GND ; pin 34 (D1) : GND ; pin 35 (D0) : GND ; pin 36 (E) : P2_4 ; pin 37 (R/W) : P2_5 ; pin 38 (CSB) : GND ; pin 39 (RS) : P2_6 ; pin 40 (RESET) : +5V.

I've tried with exactly the same project I send to you before and there's still nothing on the LCD.

• 29. Re: Problem PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-042
                                    JoMe_264151

Sorry, but I cannot follow your list. What you are meaning with

pin 35 (D0) : GND ;

The needed connections are quite clearly stated in the Character LCD Component's datasheet.

Bob