CY8CKIT-024 shield compatibility with CY8CKIT-042-BLE Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me whether the CY8CKIT-024 (CapSense Proximity Shield) is compatible with the CY8CKIT-042-BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy Pioneer Kit)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum,

The BLE-chip is plugged on top of the BLE Pioneer board, as the proximity shield too. I'm afraid only Cypress can tell whether that works. I would suggest you to get in contact with them: at top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and then ask your question again.

Please be so kind to keep us informed here in the forum.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum,

The BLE-chip is plugged on top of the BLE Pioneer board, as the proximity shield too. I'm afraid only Cypress can tell whether that works. I would suggest you to get in contact with them: at top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and then ask your question again.

Please be so kind to keep us informed here in the forum.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob, I'll do that and let you know.

Until next time,

--Giulio

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received
        Giluio: The 024 kit is made for the Pioneer kit and the hex files for programming it are for those kits. There is no programmable parts on the 024 board so you could write your own program for the 024 board using the Ble kit.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you bobgoar. I had imagined that by I wanted to rule out any possible incompatibility.

However, Cypress replied to my support ticket and said that yes, they are indeed compatible; furthermore, they pointed out a sample which actually uses the BLE kit, which is located here: http://www.cypress.com/blog/100-projects-100-days/project-044-air-gestures-using-capsense-proximity

Thank you all,

--Giulio

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you, Giulio for keeping us informed!

Bob

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

I forgot about that example in 100 Projects in 100 days Ble. I even tried it with my CY8CKIT-024 and it worked.  The example works with Windows 10 or windows 8 and at the time I tried the example I was running windows 7.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Giluio,

Thank you, i'll try the ProximityGesturesWithBLE

Gianni

0 Likes