This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
- The current BCM920732TAG configuration supports only EEPROM at this time.
- EEPROM is needed for the custom application when using the TAG. However the BCM20732S is Broadcom's module and contains an integrated EEPROM - Please see BCM20732S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Datasheet
The use of EEPROM vs. FLASH depends on the use cases:
EEPROM vs. FLASH
- EEPROM occupies more die area than flash memory for the same capacity.
- FLASH memory cannot be re-written as often as the EEPROM - Wear Leveling does improve re-writing.
- Flash is much more limited in its lifespan than EEPROM - So, if you rewrite often, you will eventually wear out the flash.
The advantage of the BCM20732S is, of course, that we have included the EEPROM in the Broadcom Module.
Let me know if this answers your question.