connect to multiple PSoC devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The project I am working on will be using several PSoC devices that interact with each other.  I am currently working on the first one but thinking about the next step.

When I have several PSoC devices, I would like to have PSoC Creators connected to them simultaneously so that I can program and debug the interactions.   For example, if I started two instances of PSoC creator, could I "connect" one to device one and the other to device two?  Right now, I just start up PSoC Creator, plug in a device and it just works -- PSoC creator seems to automatically find the device.  Windows device manager says there is a KitProg USB-UART (Com14) from a FreeSoC2 board.

If I plug in a second device (I currently only have one; waiting for more hardware) what should I expect to happen?  Will there be some way to select which device each instance of PSoC creator connects to?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You need USB connections for each of your kitprogs. There is a dialog "Select Debug Target" to connect Creator to a specific target. Your problem will be to distinguish the boards when connecting 😉

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You need USB connections for each of your kitprogs. There is a dialog "Select Debug Target" to connect Creator to a specific target. Your problem will be to distinguish the boards when connecting 😉

Bob

0 Likes