VDDA and VDDD on CY8CKIT-049-42xx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to use the CY8CKIT-049-42xx for a new small project, but I'm a bit confused by the values of VDDA and VDDD. Since the SoC is rated to run at 3.3 V max, I would assume that this is also the value of VDDA and VDDD. When looking in the templates for PSoC creator they are also created with VDDA and VDDD set to 3.3 V. However, when I power the board over the USB programmer the behavior of the system is as VDDA and VDDD have values of 5 V (Though all software of course still belive it to be 3.3 V since this is stated in the project).

Is the 3.3 V <-> 5 V discrepancy an error in the template?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Magnus!

A PSoC runs with 1.8 to 5.0V. Telling Creator beforehand which voltage you will run at is used for trimming the clocks and calculating ADC conversions to voltages. As a general rule: VDDA must be the highest voltage and no input signal should exceed it. So you may program and supply your prototype kit with 5V from the snap-off programmer, you also may run it (after successful programming) at a 3.3V supply.

Bob