Capsense tuning differs when connected to USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm noticing some strangeness in that the tuning seems fine when I am connected to my device via the pioneer kitprog, but when I disconnect it and run it off battery, sensitivity seems to drop off(proximity sensing)

Does having a connection to a computer via USB affect tuning? If so what are some good work-arounds?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Nick.

Capsense "Tuning" always uses the kitprog and will not work without a USB connection. Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

thanks. Sorry I worded it a bit strangely. I only tune while connected via usb to the kitprog. My issue is that the sensitivity is fine when I tune it, but the act of disconnecting from the kitprog tuner and running in stand-alone makes the device not as sensitive as it was while tuning. I am reading the widget counts through BLE. I am wondering if the act of having it connected to the computer's ground while tuning is throwing off the calibration so that when I disconnect it and run it as a stand-alone device, the tuned values do not work optimally

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Dis you verify, that your settings from tuning are taken over into your stand-alone version?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Nick,

Could you please create the tech support case and attach the project so it will help us to debug the issue. 

Thanks

Ramesh B

0 Likes