Current Consumption for different Transmit Power !!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_40422
Level 1
Level 1

I measured current consumption for different levels of transmit power for PROC BLE module

Testing Condition: No peripheral attatched, Advertising mode non connectable and unidirected

Result:

I am getting change in recieved signal power in my mobile phone . Even range is changing as per power settings 

But,

I am getting difference of only 0.1 ma in current consumed for transmit power setting of -18dBm and 3dBm

​Has anyone done any experimentation in this direction ??

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That is expected and nothing abnormal.

Please use the BLE Power Calculator excel sheet for estimating tht power consumption,You will find that it complies with your measured values.

Download the zip file in the below link and you will find the AppNote and excel sheet.In the excel sheet, go the "Advertisement" Tab and enter the details.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Where is the link ??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an92584-designing-low-power-and-estimating-ba... 

Download the AN92584.zip and use the excel sheet inside it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 3rd sheet of the excel sheet with the advertising calculation is password protected. All changes are locked and the xls therefore useless. Where can i find this password?

0 Likes

You can change the yellow blocks which provide you to see the estimated current consumption, what else do you want to change?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Excel on my Mac even the yellow cells were blocked. Imported the sheet into Google Docs and works now.

0 Likes