NRF51 to new PROc chip migration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sir,

I am currently migrating a NRF51 BLE application to new Cypress Proc chip (CYBL10473) with BLE 4.2 capabilities. But I have a data size pb of  the advertising packet, please check the attached picture showing 2 devices : "SmartPilot:3000D9B6" is a NRF51  (NordicSem) chip carrying 2+5+20+10= 37 Bytes, and "SmartPilot:2000280D" is a Cypress Proc chip only able to carry 31 Bytes. How can I configure correctly BLE advertising packet with Psoc Créator 3.3 ? Thank you.

Best regards

Charles

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To configure the advertisement packet, go to PSoC Creator and in the workspace explorer, in your project, go to TopDesign.cysch file. Double click the Bluetooth Component -> GAP Settings -> Adv Packets.

As per the spec, the Adv Packets can be 37 Bytes = 6 bytes address + 31 Bytes data.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Now I am following our chipr migration from NRF51 to new CYBL11473 chip. I would like that our existing Android/IOs application have the same behavour as the NRF51 chip. So please find my 2 attached pictures, one is the NRF51 sniff capture and the other is the PRoC sniff capture with our existing application. All writes are OK, but th slave i unable to read the data from the PRoC,  when I use "CyBle_GattsWriteAttributeValue()". Please help me how to use our application, tell me if some modification under our applications is mandatory. 

Charles

0 Likes