need support on USB HID + BLE HID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
N_SE_329246
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

hello sir,

we are building a gamepad/joystick like device which needs to have both wireless(HID over BLE) & wired(USB HID) connectivity. we thought PROC /PSOC BLE modules can be a useful.but for USB-HID we are facing issues to find a proper solution. can some one guide us a best solution with lowest components cost and single firmware based solution., i mean to say that we are looking for a single MCU based solution to handle both BLE & USB.Thank u

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We do not have such a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We do not have a single MCU solution for both USB and HID. You can use two of our devices for the same.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. can able to suggest me some parts with USB HID support. also suggest me, if there is some possiblity that, i use PSOC or PROC BLE as main controller while having USB part as salve..for example I2C to USB HID..so that we can focus on developing single firmware only on PROC or PSOC BLE side. and simply we will write down the data via I2C on USB side. in that way, there should be no need for 2 firmwares ..hope u understand my point. If this works,please suggest me any parts which can act as i2C -USB HID .thank u

0 Likes
N_SE_329246
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi roit, Thanks for your suggestion. but it will become 2 MCU solution one with 1 PROC BLE + 1PSOC4 L(USB HID)..in this case we may need to develop 2 firmwares.. but we are not interested in developing 2 firmwares.  we are looking for some thing like PROC BLE will have all the firmware and it may need to place the data to some I2C based or some other interface IC, that IC should behave like I2C to USB to HID Bridge. so that we may not need to develop 2 firmwares. so please help me find the proper IC which can act as I2C to USB HID bridge.Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We do not have such a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes