Problem sending RSSI value from server to client by notifications using CyBle_GetRssi()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I´m using the CY8CKIT-042-BLE with PSoC Creator 3.3, and I've been trying to send the RSSI value by using data transfer over BLE Custom Service using Notifications (similar to the CapSense Proximity Project) from the BLE Pioneer Kit (acting as a GAP Peripheral and GATT Server device) to the CySmart BLE Dongle (acting as a GAP Central and GATT Client device).

I'm using the the function CyBle_GetRssi(), but the values I receive do not make sense. In a previous thread they mention the same problem ( http://www.cypress.com/forum/proc-ble/cyblegetrssi-returned-value-doesnt-make-sense ).

Is there any way to send the RSSI correctly?

Thanks for the help!

Diego

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is an issue with that API and it is reviewed internally. sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is an issue with that API and it is reviewed internally. sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

Is there any other way to approximate the proximity or distance between two Cypress BLEs?

Thanks for the support,

Diego

0 Likes