HID Host and HCI_Status Event

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to program PSoC board as HID client. I am sending by UART some messages to PC to know what is goings-on. I have an event HCI Status and code number 4. It is page timeout. What am I doing wrong?

I am using CY8CKIT-042-BLE. PRoC module has program from example HID-Keyboard and I have connection by BLE between those modules. I have this error after trying to connect.

Events I have got in terminal:

CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON
CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_START
CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_PROGRESS_RESULT
CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_STOP
CYBLE_EVT_HCI_STATUS: 4
CYBLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND
CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED

Pawel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per the BLE Spec 4.1, 

PAGE TIMEOUT (0x04)
The Page Timeout error code indicates that a page timed out because of the Page Timeout configuration parameter. This error code may occur only with the Remote_Name_Request and Create_Connection commands.

From your log, I see that your device does get connected to another device (CYBLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND). Are you able to discover services?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As per the BLE Spec 4.1, 

PAGE TIMEOUT (0x04)
The Page Timeout error code indicates that a page timed out because of the Page Timeout configuration parameter. This error code may occur only with the Remote_Name_Request and Create_Connection commands.

From your log, I see that your device does get connected to another device (CYBLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND). Are you able to discover services?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I try to discover all services by CyBle_GattcDiscoverAllPrimaryServices, it returns 0 so it's ok. Here is my new log from terminal. My HCI error code is strange and I have one more error.

CYBLE_EVT_STACK_ON
CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_START
CYBLE_EVT_GAPC_SCAN_STOP
CYBLE_EVT_HCI_STATUS
CYBLE_EVT_GATT_CONNECT_IND
CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED
CYBLE_EVT_GATTC_READ_BY_GROUP_TYPE_RSP
CYBLE_EVT_GATTC_READ_BY_GROUP_TYPE_RSP
CYBLE_EVT_GATTC_ERROR_RSP

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest to raise a technical support case at www.cypress.com -> Design Support -> Create a support case, and upload your porject in there.

0 Likes