10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 3:32 AM by user_1377889

How to access default interrupt handler

aussiesusan

I am using a CY8CKIT-050 and the Cypress IDE with the latest updates. I have had a program that was running (sort of - at least it was not exhibiting the symptoms I'm seeing at the moment) and then updated some of the programmable components.

Now the program is running and doing what I want but after a random period (has been as short as a few seconds and as long as about a minute) it will stop. I'm using the LCD display and I get some random characters appearing when in run mode.

I have tried to run the program in debug mode and it shows the same fault (while running) but at least this time I'm getting an error on the PC that says the debugger disconnected due to an unexpected interrupt. I have noticed that the error occurs almost immediately after I restart from a breakpoint under the debugger (I have tried to single step my way through the code but the error is not 'repeatable' that way.)

I am not yet familiar enough with the ARM devices to know this already, but I was wondering if there is a 'default' ISR that is referred to by all of the unimplemented interrupt vectors. Basically I think that if I can write an ISR that lets me trap the problem, then I might be able to trace it back to its source.

Can this be done?

If so can someone point me to the URL or show me the required code?

Thanks

Susan