Trouble creating custom PSoC component from ADC_SAR_SEQ_V2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm curently in the process of trying to insert a PGA between the Mux and ADC in the ADC_SAR_SEQ_V2.0 component in PSoC Creator. I've been trying to follow documents such as this and this which describe how to import an existing component to be edited and included in another project as a custom library. So far most of the process has gone well, but when I go to drag my custom components onto a schematic I continually get errors from PSoC Creator:

• There is an error associated with this component. The instance 'PGA_ADC_SAR_SEQ_1', of component PGA_ADC_SAR_SEQ, contains an error. Failed to load assembly, 'C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\3.3\customizer_cache\PGA_ADC_3748c3ea94858d9808e78abb453b5699ac18abaebfd756d40d1610e4aa3ccadd.dll'
  •     
  • Error in drag-drop operation : There was an error during binding.
    Failed to load assembly, 'C:\Users\Nick\workspace\PGA_ADC.cylib\PGA_ADC.dll'
  •    

There seems to be plenty of warnings that something has gone wrong, but none of the error messages give me any hint as to why or how to fix it. I'm running PSoC Creator 3.3 on Windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Cypress Forum,

Can you please attach the project you are working on, then we can have a look into it. Or you can create a technical support case and attach the project to it.

Thanks

Jobin

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jobin, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've attached an archive of the project containing my custom component.

0 Likes
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi Nick,
Hi Jobim,

did you get any result on that topic? Because I have just the same problem with a modification of the I2C-Component (SCB_P4_v3.0) for a PSoC4. 

Thanks
Andreas

0 Likes
AnKr_1499391
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

Hi,

in the meantime I found the solution to this problem. If the component contains a custom macro, you need to update these too. Here is a quite nice description for this procedure: https://secure.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2492&rID=78387

The trick is to replace the old namespace with the new one (in all *.cs-files) and build all customizers afterwards (button from "build customizer" menu-bar).

That worked for me!
Andreas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give this a try later this week, thanks for the tip!

0 Likes