Serial Communication over BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

My Application involves reading data from multiple sensors (LSM9DS1 and GP2Y0A21YK0F) using SPI and then relaying this data over Bluetooth to a receiving station with a Serial Monitor. 

Here's the catch, the receiving station might not necessarily use BLE, but a simple Bluetooth module.

I am planning to use an SCB in my design, which rotes the data from the sensors to UART. However, i need to send this data over BLE instead of the cable connected to my PIONEER KIT from the PC. 

So how does one proceed with connecting the SCB to a BLE profile with simple Rx/Tx for serial communication?

would appreciate any advise/suggestions/pointers.

Thanks

p.s. im using the PSOC 4 BLE on the PIONEER KIT to send the data. Receiving is independent. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the best BLE profile which could be customised to simply send and recv packets of serial data?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

BLE has no SPP profile - which is what the receiving station is probably using. It is possible to simulate a serial communication, but this requires a specific software on the other side of the communications link.

0 Likes