Import Component Customizer in VS 2015

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi, it's me again xD

Lately i have been trying to get into how to build custom components, and i was trying to modify 'default' components. One thing i haven't been able to do is change the component customizer, i was trying to follow the next video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2C_4WlEtKo

But i'm trying to do it on VS Community Edition 2015, and i can't get the customizer itself on the 'figure' design.

Has anybody been able to import customizers into this version of VS, and sucessfully change the customizer on Creator afterwards?

One step after tis would be create custom component customizers on VS and import them on Creator, but that will be another story 🙂

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Carlos,

While going through the video [Thanks for the link], I noticed the selection of .NET Framework as 2.0. 

There is an update in the .NET framework for PSoC Creator from version 3.3. I assume you are using the latest PSoC Creator and in the video it is version 3.1. You can find in the 3.3 release note that the minimum requirement is .NET Framework 4.0

Can you try this in PSoC Creator 3.1 as per the video or try changing the .NET framework to version 4.x

Thanks

JOBINGT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello Carlos,

While going through the video [Thanks for the link], I noticed the selection of .NET Framework as 2.0. 

There is an update in the .NET framework for PSoC Creator from version 3.3. I assume you are using the latest PSoC Creator and in the video it is version 3.1. You can find in the 3.3 release note that the minimum requirement is .NET Framework 4.0

Can you try this in PSoC Creator 3.1 as per the video or try changing the .NET framework to version 4.x

Thanks

JOBINGT

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Hi JOBI,

Yes, that was the problem, i changed the .NET framework to 4.x and now i'm able to change the customizer on VS 2015, i forgot to read the Creator documentation before ask here.

Thanks for the help

Carlos

jopl_301826
Level 1
Level 1

I'm unable to import customizers into VS2015 and hope someone with more expertise in Visual Studio can spot the issue.  I've tried both the instructions in the youtube video above and the directions in PSoC_Creator_Component_Author_Guide.pdf, and get the same result both ways.  I followed the examples exactly, just changing the framework setting to .NET Framework 4.  I change the VS project namespace to match the name of the component.

Everything goes smoothly, including the final Rebuild Solution.  But then when I open the "...control.cs" file in the Designer there's nothing there.  It just shows an empty box like starting from scratch.  Looking at the source I see all the customizer parameters but I don't know enough about C# and Visual Studio to track down the problem.

I'm using Visual Studio Community 2015 Update 3.  Tried with both Creator 3.3 and 4.0, on both Windows 7 and 10.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Update: If I add a form and open it in Designer the Cy control shows up in the toolbox.  Added it to the form and it displays correctly!  Just can't open the control in Designer for some reason.

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I´m not an VS expert but i used the latest .NET framework, i think it is 4.2 now (not sure). Haven´t tried lately, i will try this weekend and let you know if i'm able to do it.

Carlos

0 Likes
jopl_301826
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Carlos.  The latest version of VS has about half a dozen framework 4.x versions and they all behaved the same for me.  I did create a support case and will update with any information received.

0 Likes
jopl_301826
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Visual Studio 2010 and was able to successfully import customizers using the procedure given in this document

Once the customizer files are imported with VS2010 I can also open the resulting solution in VS2015 and see the customizer successfully.  However trying to import directly to VS2015 with the same procedure still doesn't work.  The only difference I can see is that VS2010 organizes the imported files slightly differently in the Solution Explorer window.

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Hi hexfet,

Good to know that you solved the issue, i am still able to do it directly on VS2015. What i have not been able to do is design the customizer directly on VS and then import it on Creator (for a custom component), i guess i have to do the skeleton on Creator, then VS and then Creator again.

Carlos

0 Likes