Clearing Interrupt STATUS Register with DMA [SOLVED]

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi all, hope everything goes well.

I have been trying to get familiar with DMA and SPI Master, so i tried to join both topics in one project but i'm having troubles.

Clearing the STATUS Register of the Tx Interrupt of the SPI by reading it inside an interrupt routine is easy, but it takes some CPU intervention (see picture isr_ClearTxSTATUSReg picture and isr file attached), so i was reading AN84810 and found an example where clearing the STATUS Register of PICU was done with DMA, it's just reading the Register to clear the interrupt flags, so i tried to read the SPI Tx Status Register via DMA, here's where i don't get what i expect, the TxInt signal seems not to get asserted when the bytes are sent (see DMA_ClearTxSTATUSReg picture and DMA project file attached).

Any ideas on why i can not see the same TxInt signal behaviour on both cases? I was expecting a little pulse with the DMA approach, smaller than the pulse when i clear the register inside an interrupt.

Hope i explain my problem, i'm not very good explaining xD

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Update, just find why i can't see what i expected, i was using another interrupt source on the SPI Tx of the DMA project. I attach the working project and some images of this working :D.

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6

Update, just find why i can't see what i expected, i was using another interrupt source on the SPI Tx of the DMA project. I attach the working project and some images of this working :D.

Carlos

0 Likes