using psoc provided footprints

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sccac_1236541
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am not sure where to put this so I am putting it here since I frequent this section of the community forums.  

Either I am going put the psoc 5lp on my pcb board myself, or I am planning to use the 'CY8CKIT-010 PSoC® CY8C58LP Family Processor Module Kit'.  My question is

If I use the "CY8CKIT-010 PSoC® CY8C58LP Family Processor Module Kit" can I use the gerber/schematic/pcb files provided by cypress and send them away to a fab facility myself or do I have to buy individual kits directly from cypress (ie.  can I use their provided files to make my own without copyright infringment? or is my only route to buy them through cypress). 

I am new to legal/copyright stuff so please be nice if this is obvious 🙂 

thanks!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to get in contact with cypress directly. At top of this page "Design Support -> Create a Support Case"

Bob

0 Likes
sccac_1236541
Level 4
Level 4

I have.. just waiting for a response still...

0 Likes
JiGi_284761
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

In the real world, footprints rarely fit right. They often need to be changed to fit within the requirements of the board. With the small boards people want these days and the small pitch of newer devices, there isnt a one size fits all. I make all my own boards because most of what I do it custom or short run and have no problem. Even have some 20 layer boards. Learn to make your own footprints. I use Autocad but there are many other options these days. If you make your own you are not limited to the limitations of the company making your boards or the up charges for the smallest of things.

0 Likes