Using FX3 Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

A USB camera is developing with FX3. Generally, a embedded system is started up with a bootloader that is in the system startup ROM. For  EZ-USB FX3, I know it's started up with FX3 Bootloader but I don't know how to use/install it. Who can give me a brief explain about using FX3 Bootloader?  (How does it work?, Where do I get or program an FX3 Bootloader? How and where is the FX3 Bootloader put in a FX3 USB device?) I would appreciate for any help. 

Thanks,

Wenye

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Bootloader is inbuilt inside FX3. Once you connect the FX3 to the PC via USB Cable, open Control Center application (This application comes along with FX3 SDK).

You can see the FX3 Bootloader showing up in the control center app. (Provided you use default jumper settings on your development board)

For more details, refer section 7 in the below application note:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an75705-getting-started-ez-usb-fx3

This will show how to load your first firmware into FX3 using the control center software (via FX3's bootloader)

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for your response. It means the FX3 shipped to customer with the bootloader built in the chip. is it true?

Regards,

Wenye

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct!

0 Likes