3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 3:10 AM by user_1377889

I2C Interrupt operation

wbasser_1635821

Scenariio:

I want to receive a message from the I2C and upon an interrupt, process the received message, this means that the I2C is in slave mode.

I have insured that the message is actually coming in my using a poll method in an idle loop to monitor the status and upon a SCB_I2C_SSTAT_WR_CMPLT status indication, process the message.  This works.

However, when I register the custom interrupt handler and process the SCB_INTR_SLAVE_I2C_WRITE_STOP interrupt source, there is no data in the receive buffer.  

Is there someway to force the data to be copied into the buffer upon this interrupt.

• 1. Re: I2C Interrupt operation
          user_1377889

I cannot see that you issued a I2C_SCB_SetSlaveInterruptMode(). Don't know if that changes behavior:

Bob

• 2. Re: I2C Interrupt operation
            wbasser_1635821

I actually had that code and found it un-necessary.  I get the interrupt, but when I go to get the data size of the buffer, the function returns 0.  I think this might have something to do with the custom interrupt being called first and then normal processing is performed after the return.

• 3. Re: I2C Interrupt operation
              user_1377889

Two possible solutions.

Using Macro Callback. This is explained in Creator help. Modify CyCallback.h file:
              insert a #define I2CSlave_I2C_ISR_EXIT_CALLBACK and declare a function I2CSlave_I2C_ISR_ExitCallback() that will be called just before the interrupt handler is exited.

Polling (as before). Serial communication is comparably slow, so just setting a flag which is checked and acted upon in the main loop usually is fast enough.

Bob