Set the name to "UART"
Set Byte Mode
Set all pins to <auto-assign during build>
Increase Rx and Tx buffer to 16 bytes
made the changes to the UART except the <auto-assign during build>. The pins are fixed for me. It gives me the same error. Does that mean that the pins are not routable to the pins I have assigned?
Does that mean that the pins are not routable to the pins I have assigned? That is correct. The pins for the SCB blocks are dedicated. You can see after a successful design build which pins you may use.
Hi Arptt and Bob.
I'm having the same problem. If I insert the second SCB block configured as UART (both of them are UART) it gives me the error message: E2809: Unable to find a valid placement for pins and fixed-function blocks. See the Digital Placement's Detailed placement messages section in the report file for details.
If I remove the block (which is currently not in use in the firmware), it compiles without any problem. Does you figured out how to solve it?
Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.
I know that this is a bit old already. But I figured out what was happening to my design when I included the second SCB block. The problem is that I was using the pins P0 and P0 for one SCB and the P3 and P3 for the second, the PSoC Creator allowed to set this configuration. But, in fact, these both pair of pins are related to the same SCB block. The only pins that can be used as SCB block are P4 and P4. Thus, I was trying to force two different SCBs in the same hardware, that is why the error saying that one of them could not be placed correctly.
Hope you have already solved your problem arptt. If not I hope that this could help a little.