what pins to use for uart & i2c for psoc 4 - CY8C4245LQI-483

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EyLa_1625036
Level 3
Level 3
10 likes given 10 sign-ins 25 replies posted

hello all ,

i am planing of using CY8C4245LQI-483 in a custom circuit and i am a bit confused ,

what is the the dedicated pins i need to use for the following lines (scb component)

UART_RX ---> PIN??

UART_TX-->PIN??

I2C_SCL --> PIN??

I2C_SDA--> PIN??

Thanks lampel 

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As usual: That depends,  😉

In your selected PSoC you have got two (2) Serial Control Blocks (SCBs). Easiest would be to let Creator choose which pins to use by setting them to <auto-assign during build>

When choosing pins manually you will see that you've got one choice for SCB[0] (P4_0) and two for SCB[1] (P0_4 and P3_0).

Bob

0 Likes

thanks bob ,

so if i connect it :

UART_RX ---> p4_0

UART_TX-->p4_1

I2C_SCL --> p3_0

I2C_SDA--> p3_1

thats ok ??

and another question what are the advantage of an SCB block vs regular one ?? ( UART(SCB mode)[v3.10] vs UART[v2.50] ) 

it seems that u can chose more pins with the UART[v2.50] so why use the SCB mode??

thanks lampel  

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The "U" in USB stands for "Universal". You can use an USB for many different components. Thus, they are more "valuable" and are saved until you are really in need. So when you are satisfied with an SCB for communication, take that. UDB pins cannot be routed to ports >= 4.

Bob

0 Likes