Zero-Length Packet Lost when using SS HUB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I use FX3 connected to FPGA throw GPIF2 interface in synchronous slave mode.

For my application I use 3 endpoints :

> 0x01 : Burst Configuration Writes

> 0x81 : Burst Configuration Reads (or test)

> 0x82 : Burst Streaming

Every reads on 0x81 is preceded by a write operation on endpoint 0x01 and its length is known in advance.

Reads on endpoint 0x82 don't have predictable length so FPGA generate a ZERO-LENGTH every 20 ms in order to complete the current transaction and wake up the host.

Here is my code on host side to start the transaction :

size = 4096 * 256;
m_stream_endptstream.xferbuff = (PUCHAR)buff;
m_stream_endptstream.xfersize = (LONG)size;
m_stream_endptstream.xferlast = 0;
m_endptstream_in->SetXferSize(size);
m_endptstream_in->TimeOut = 100;
m_stream_endptstream.context = m_endptstream_in->BeginDataXfer(m_stream_endptstream.xferbuff, m_stream_endptstream.xfersize, &m_stream_endptstream.ov);

And to finish :

m_endptstream_in->WaitForXfer(&m_stream_endptstream.ov, 100);
if(!m_endptstream_in->FinishDataXfer(m_stream_endptstream.xferbuff, m_stream_endptstream.xferlast, &m_stream_endptstream.ov, m_stream_endptstream.context))
{
m_endptstream_in->Reset();
}

I need to use asynchronous transfer in order to process previous data blocks during read.

When connection between host and device is composed by a single USB3.0 cable (or even with an front panel extender), WaitForXfer is woken up by Zero-Length packet (or when XFerSize is reached) everytime. (see USBlyzer_SingleCable_NoError)

When I add a HUB (Hub controller is GL3520 from Genesys) between Host and Device WaitForXFer does often fail to wakeup on ZeroLength Packet (see USBlyzer_failure_HUB). When this failure occurs, endpoint is blocked, does not react on XFerSize reached and can only be recovered by a Reset().

In that HUB configuration, if I decide to add an extra thread to generate periodic transactions on Endpoint 0x01 and 0x81, previous failure occurrence is significantly reduced from 1 over 3 without extra activity, to 1 over more than 1000 with extra activity. (see USBlyzer_HUB_ExtraTransaction)

Does anyone ever meet this issue ?

Is there any explanation to that ?

Thanks for any returns,

Regards,

Pierre

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We need the whole trace file for analysis. So, please create a Tech Support case and provide us the actual trace files. By the way do you see this issue with any other hubs?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes