How do I change the BLE device name?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to change the name of device when advertising. In my attachment, you can see the name "CapSense Slider LED". I would like to change this. I already tried changing the "Device name" property in the BLE GUI, but it has no effect. (see attached) I searched all my Generated Source for "CapSense Slider LED" but I can't find it. Where is the device name? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Just change the name in under Config Ble  GAPP Settings  Device name to the new name you must re-save the program and recompile it and program the ble device  it to see the change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Just change the name in under Config Ble  GAPP Settings  Device name to the new name you must re-save the program and recompile it and program the ble device  it to see the change.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right, that was indeed the correct place to change it. The Cysmart app was showing the old name on my phone, but the new name on my co-worker's phone. Why?? I even restarted my phone too. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, you are only 50% right. For anyone in the future: this is how you change the device name: 

1) Change: GAP Settings > General > Device name 

2) GAP Settings > Advertisement Packet > Check "Local Name" (this is the step I was missing. Because I missed this step, the name changed periodically)