TO CYPRESS - WHY BLE MODULES ARE DIFFICULT THAN CLASSIC MODULES FOR SIMPLE USAGE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need very small size Bluetooth module for my simple project. I saw a very small BLE Bluetooth module (10x10x1.8mm) and i was thinking to use my new project. I bought 5 of them. But when i tried them, they are not work like classic modules. I used HC-05 and HC-06 modules as well before, Classic modules are simple, just paired. But bigger than BLE.

My question is : Why BLE modules are very difficult for simple usage? My Ble modules (CYBL10563 IC) can't paired. Is there simple method for to use them like HC-05?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,aulker62 As we all know,HC-05 module is a classis BT.I have a AT command firmware,i think it can slove your question.Pls give me your email address or you can access my bbs(www.alongble.com).But you may have to know something about chinese.Of course you can ask me in english.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When used to driving a VolksWagen it might turn out to be difficult driving an F1 car. Would really require reading some manuals and getting some lessons. For your BLE-module (which will pair with any BLE device) there are a couple of example projects that work.

Or are you trying to connect a BLE to a classic bluetooth ?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Bob.

Many thank for your help.

I am trying to finish my wireless voltmeter project (0 to 5V) for my Android 6.0 phone. HC-05 works easy but i love very small BLE module. So i want to use BLE module.

I am sending AT commend with FTDI adapter and i am getting OK, but it doesn't response to my other commands. Only AT and OK. I need only second response 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Again: afaik does the HC-05 not support the BLE protocol but Bluetooth classic which is a quite different protocol.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

BLE does use a completely different communications model than classic BT. This is because transmission should use less energy, and this was not possible with the classic system.

Thats why there is no serial profile (SPP), which is what you are used to with the HC-05 module. There is an example project available for PSoC4 BLE which emulates a serial data stream, but it needs a special program on the side of your phone though.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear hli.

Many thanks for your post.

I am reading about BLE last 5 days, but i didn't understand the logic of BLE programming yet. I am civil engineer, so  i am not familiar with BLE programming,  i learned Arduino and Android APK with APP Invertor, but both systems have many simple samples in internet for beginners step by step. As Bob Marlowe said, BLE system like Formula1 car for me 🙂

If i find few very simple and clear BLE samples, i can understand the logic of BLE (GAP, GATT, SERVICES, CHARACTERISTIC, UUID, ...)

I hope so 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,aulker62 As we all know,HC-05 module is a classis BT.I have a AT command firmware,i think it can slove your question.Pls give me your email address or you can access my bbs(www.alongble.com).But you may have to know something about chinese.Of course you can ask me in english.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Helon_chen

Many thanks for your AT commands firmware of my CYBLE-022001-00  (CYBL10563 IC)

My email address is aulker62@gmail.com

If you can explain method of firmware upload , i will be happy.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,aulker62

“AT Command firmware” and "AT Command User Guide" have been sent to your email address.Pls Check email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Helon_chen

Many thanks for your AT commands firmware.

I downloaded PSoC Creator 3.3 but i didn't find a way for to upload HEX file to my EZ-BLE module directly. I saw only can upload .cyacd file. Am i wrong?  I will use TTL to USB adapter for to upload HEX file. 

Best regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,aulker62

I do not know which tools you have, if you have a development kit, you can use the development kit to burn. I do not know your EZ-BLE if there was UART Bootloader, if available, you can use UART to download the firmware, you have to ask your EZ-BLE suppliers.

0 Likes