PRoC details?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am doing some research on using the EZ-BLE PRoC Module for a BLE project.  But I am having trouble finding details information on the hardware.  In particular, I am interested in the CYBLE-022001 module, but can't find a data sheet that tells me the details of the micro controller used for the module.  I already checked out 001-95662_CYBLE-022001-00_EZ-BLE_PRoC_Module_Datasheet.pdf.  But I would like to know:

Does the SoC used for this module have multiple processors?  I.e., a main micro-controller for use application and another for running the BLE.  If there isn't a second processor with its own code ROM/flash for BLE, then I would like to know how much the BLE code will occupy in the 128kB of the flash for user code.

Also, where do I find the details for the peripheral capabilities?  For example, how to setup up a PWM block for a particular frequency and resolution?  Maybe I have to get the PSoC IDE and if I select the CYBLE-022001-00 device, it will have a PWM component with the correct functions specified?

Any pointers from the more experience developers are appreciated...

Dai

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Dai.

Maybe I have to get the PSoC IDE and if I select the CYBLE-022001-00 device, it will have a PWM component with the correct functions specified?

You are perfectly right with that assumption. Even like the PWM the BLE is a component which you drop onto the IDE topdesign schematic. IDE's name is Cypress Creator, actual version is 3.3 and you can download and install it from Cypress directly.

There is a single ARM Cortex M0 processor within a PRoC chip. To see how much flash and sram the BLE takes, easiest will be to compile a BLE example project which you can find in the IDE.

There are development kits (and this one) available which could ease project development.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob.

I will check out the Cypress Creator and probably get the development kit.  I see only 5 pins on the kid for the MimiProg3 connector, does it support full debugging capability like break points etc?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The miniprog3 uses: a two-wire interface, V+,GND and a reset which together come up to a 5-pin connection. Debugging included via "Serial Wire Debug" (SWD) interrface.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes