Help for programing a CYBLE ship in a self made PCB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I work with a self made PCB. My CYBLE ship is a CYBLE-022001-00. On my PCB, i have a male header of 3 pins for programming (SWDIO, SWCLK and GND ). I know normally we need 5 pins, but the board is self powered and we do not use the XRES pin. 

I would like to program it but i don't know how to do it. In fact, i do not have programmer like MiniProg3. I have been told that with my CYBLE-022001-00, i do not need programmer because it is already integrated. But i am a bit septic. In Psoc creator, we have to choose a programmer among the list ( KitProg, KitProg2,MiniProg3...) but assuming CYBLE-022001-00 has its own, no one in the list is suitable.

I thought of using PSOC Programmer, but first i have to link the CYBLE-022001-00 to my computer. I have been told that it was possible using a USB cable. I should denude the extremity and plug the right wires to my header. It looks like a bit extreme, but assuming it works, then,  i should use the bootloable and bootloader components in two differents projects, right ? I am quite lost as you can see. I forgot to say that i have the CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit. I hope someone will be able to guide me ! 

Best regards,

Karl     

0 Likes
5 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

You need the XRES pin to start the programming by resetting the chip.  You can use your CY8CKIT-042-BLE kit to program the device. You would need to jumper the programming pins to your device. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your answer ! I already tried to jump my header to the right pins on the KitProg but i could not select the device target because PSOC could not fully detect  my board, it was written : “This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator™ does not support using it at this time.” This is the result of the XRES pin not connected , is not it ? Then if i connect the XRES pin of my board with the XRES pin of the kitProg board, it will be fine ?

Best regards,

Karl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your answer ! I already tried to jump my header to the right pins on the KitProg but i could not select the device target because PSOC could not fully detect  my board, it was written : “This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator™ does not support using it at this time.” This is the result of the XRES pin not connected , is not it ? Then if i connect the XRES pin of my board with the XRES pin of the kitProg board, it will be fine ?

Best regards,

Karl

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a similar problem with the CYBLE-022001-00 module mounted on a custom PCB. I'm attempting to program with the USB dongle from the CY8CKIT-042-BLE using a cable from the 10 pin header. I first tried connecting just SWDIO, SWCLK, XRES, GND.

The CYBLE-022001-00 was recognized from PSoC Creator as a "Cortex-M0" with the message: "The device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it as this time."

I suspect it needs the power line connected. BUT: on the PCB the CYBLE-022001-00 is powered from a 3.3V rail with other non-5V tolerant devices on the same rail. I noticed when I first plug in the dongle the power line is at 5V.  My PCB proves no easy way to isolate the 3.3V rail while programming. 

Two questions:

1. Is the recognition of an unsupported Cortex-M0 device explained by my not connecting the power line in the programming cable?

2. Any suggestions as to how I can safely program my PCB without exposing it to 5V level voltage?

Thanks,

Joe.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

You will need a miniprog3 which will support your PSoC module with 3.3V.

Bob

0 Likes