BLE Authorization

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I am looking at the implementation of the 'Authenticated LE Secure pairing with encryption' security level in the GATT Server.

I am running the BLE 4.2 DataLength Security Privacy example which is running fine.

I would like to use Authorization but I cannot find any information on its implementation.

I can set the characteristic permissions to 'Authorization required' which then stops the client from accessing the data and resulting in the error message 'BLE_GATT_ERR_INSUFFICIENT_AUTHORIZATION' being displayed on the CySmart 1.2 Tool.

What do I need to do to allow the client to access the server characteristics which has the permissions set to 'Authorization required' ?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

Please use CyBle_GattsDbAuthorize(1); for authorizing the GATT database. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

Please use CyBle_GattsDbAuthorize(1); for authorizing the GATT database. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi pvkv

Thanks for getting back to me regarding my query.

I have used the CyBle_GattsDbAuthorize to authorize the database but I thought there may be a way to authorize individual characteristics.

At the moment I am authorizing and deauthorizing (the whole  database) on a connection by connection basis.

Thanks

John

0 Likes