PSOC4 (ble) TCPWM doesn't continue after deep sleep

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently I'am working on my first PSOC (4 ble) project. Within this project I apply two TCPWM components for frequency measurements. From the documentation (AN92584, AN86233 and the PSOC 4 BLE TRM) I understand that the TCPWM components are kept powered up in the sleep and deep sleep power modes. Because of this I expected that I can enter deep sleep (frequency measurement isn't working then but that is okay), wake-up (on system tick from WDT) and continue using the TCPWM components. But this appears not to be the case because frequency measurements don't restart. After putting the components to sleep before entering deep sleep fixed the problem:

TimCtr_CADANCE_Sleep();
TimCtr_FLYWHEEL_Sleep();
CySysPmDeepSleep();
TimCtr_CADANCE_Wakeup();
TimCtr_FLYWHEEL_Wakeup();

My problem is that I don't understand the apparent mismatch between the information and observed behavior. Can someone please enlighten me 🙂 A stripped down version of the project is included in this post.

Kind regards,

Jan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum, Jan!

There is no (!!) HFCLK in deep sleep phase, so no component using it will need to set to _Sleep() and _Wakeup().

Can you show exactly where you found that wrong documentation, I would like to have Cypress cleaning that up.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum, Jan!

There is no (!!) HFCLK in deep sleep phase, so no component using it will need to set to _Sleep() and _Wakeup().

Can you show exactly where you found that wrong documentation, I would like to have Cypress cleaning that up.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob!

I'm aware of the fact that there is no HFCLK in deep sleep. I learned that from the documentation (e.g.: AN86233, Ch2/Table2, sect 3.2.2). From section 17.2.5 of the psoc4ble trm I learned that the power is still on so the configuration of the TCPWM is kept. So, the documentation is in line with your reaction.

Why then can't I resume usage of the TCPWM after wake-up from deep sleep without doing anything? I need to use the _Sleep() and _Wakeup() for proper operation.

Jan

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I would suggest you to get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes