FX3 use of SPI and 32 bits words GPIF

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to use a 32 bits words in GPIF and activate SPI at the same time?

That is the configuration of CyU3PIoMatrixConfig_t io_cfg that I want to perform:

io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyTrue;
    io_cfg.s0Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;
    io_cfg.s1Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;
    io_cfg.useUart   = CyFalse;
    io_cfg.useI2C    = CyFalse;
    io_cfg.useI2S    = CyFalse;
    io_cfg.useSpi    = CyTrue;
    io_cfg.lppMode   = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT;

Sincerely,

Laurent

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the GPIF pins are multiplexed with SPI pins,it is not possible to use 32 bit GPIF II with SPI.This is an architectural limitation.So if you want to use SPI,GPIF II should be used in 16 bit mode.Else software SPI should be used.

Example project for using software SPI:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspigpiomode

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the GPIF pins are multiplexed with SPI pins,it is not possible to use 32 bit GPIF II with SPI.This is an architectural limitation.So if you want to use SPI,GPIF II should be used in 16 bit mode.Else software SPI should be used.

Example project for using software SPI:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspigpiomode

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mr Madhu Sudhan,

Thanks for your reply. I have noticed that in the GPIF designer, if I use 24 bit GPIF it is allowed to use SPI. Is that possible or is it only for 16 bit GPIF that I wan use SPI?

Regards,

Laurent

0 Likes