Application question about flash S25FL256S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:
      I connect the flash S25FL256S with TI DSP SPI,now I can read the Device ID and Common Flash Interface information accurately with the "RDID" command. But when I want to use the command "WREN" to enable the write, It's failure. After send the "WREN" command ,  I can't read the right status on the "WEL" of the Status Register1. How can I enable the write? The CS# is only 8 clocks.

The other question is  that the S25FL256S can  be driven by SPI mode 0 and mode 3;  What's the exact mean of these mode. The TI's SPI mode define as follows:           

POLARITYPHASE Action

Data is output on the rising edge of SPICLK. Input data is latched on the falling edge

Data is output one half-cycle before the first rising edge of SPICLK and on subsequent falling

edges. Input data is latched on the rising edge of SPICLK.

Data is output on the falling edge of SPICLK. Input data is latched on the rising edge.

Data is output one half-cycle before the first falling edge of SPICLK and on subsequent rising

edges. Input data is latched on the falling edge of SPICLK.

Now, I use the mode polarity 1 phase 0 ,  do I use the  right mode ?

Thank you for your reply!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

As mentioned in the datasheet of the part S25FL256S, it supports SPI modes 0 and 3. These modes are explained in page 14 of the datasheet(http://www.cypress.com/file/177966/download).

Mode0: polarity=0, phase=0

Mode3: polarity=1, phase=1

It is not correct to use polarity=1 and phase=0 (mode 2). Please correct your SPI mode and repeat testing.

-Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have try both the: Mode0: polarity=0, phase=0;Mode3: polarity=1, phase=1; With these configuration, I Can't read any of the ID-CFI information, So I want to confirm that Cypress  is used the same SPI protocol with TI?

Do you have LLD for the  device S25FL256S ?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Yes, we have LLD for S25FL256S. You can download it from the following link, http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/low-level-driver-spi-flash?source=search&c....

-Sudheesh

0 Likes