Is an external pull-up required on WAKEUP pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
japac_1817436
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use the Stop mode of CYBLE-012011-00 in my project.

I know that only the pins XRES and WAKEUP (P2[2] for CYBLE-012011-00) can be used to wakeup the device from stop mode.

The question is whether if an external pull-up resistor is required on the WAKEUP pin.

I do have an example project that seems to work with a switch attached to P2[2], P2[2] set as resistive pull up and the polarity of the wakeup pin set to active low, but I just want to check before I design my custom PCB.

Thank you.

Jaemann

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

AN86233 tells, that all GPIO settings and states will be frozen. Thus would mean that the internal pullup and state = high will be maintained during stop mode. 

Bob

0 Likes
japac_1817436
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the confirmation.

I have one more question.

I know that PSoC 4 and PRoC are different devices with different functionalities. But sometimes, I cannot seem to find the exact documentation for PRoC devices, e.g. System Reference Guides in PSoC Creator only point to documentation for PSoC 3/4/5LP devices. In these cases, can I resort to documentation for PSoC 4s?

I have just started to work with these devices and it is a little confusing yet.

Jaemann

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In Creator, Workspace Explorer window (left hand side) there is a tab named Datasheets. There you will find a link to your selected device datasheet.

Bob

0 Likes