How the address pin of CY7C1370D should be assigned ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The address pins of CY7C1370D are not assigned as A2 ~ A18, they are all marked with A.

Please let me know how should I match those address pins to A2 ---- A18?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

The address pins (A) in Sync NoBL SRAMs can be assigned to any address bit in any order.  Two address inputs (A0) and (A1) connect to the linear burst counter and must be connected to the lower order address bits.

The data pins (DQ) also can be assigned in any order, but they must adhere to a Byte Enable grouping.  These pins are grouped by letter DQa, DQb, DQc, or DQd that corresponds to BWa, BWb, BWc, and BWd.

The parity pins (DQP), if present, are grouped with the data pins (DQ) as DQPa, DQPb, DQPc, and DQPd.  These are simply extensions of the data pin group and are also controlled by the corresponding group Byte Enable.

-Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

The address pins (A) in Sync NoBL SRAMs can be assigned to any address bit in any order.  Two address inputs (A0) and (A1) connect to the linear burst counter and must be connected to the lower order address bits.

The data pins (DQ) also can be assigned in any order, but they must adhere to a Byte Enable grouping.  These pins are grouped by letter DQa, DQb, DQc, or DQd that corresponds to BWa, BWb, BWc, and BWd.

The parity pins (DQP), if present, are grouped with the data pins (DQ) as DQPa, DQPb, DQPc, and DQPd.  These are simply extensions of the data pin group and are also controlled by the corresponding group Byte Enable.

-Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sudheesh,

Many thanks for your great answer.

Please let me ask you more questions if I have them in the future.

Best Regards.

0 Likes