Creating Desktop App w/ BlueZ

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm doing some initial testing and developing a "desktop" app to communicate with the board. I've had some success using gatttool and some other Python wrappers.

I tried several times to embed my console output in this message but it keeps getting flagged as spam so I had to attach it as a text file. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope they can correct the spam filter.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can provide some helpful pointers?

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Either you need to perform pairing process in your App.

Or in your PSoC Creator firmware in the BLE Component Sttings, navigate to the particular characteristics and Change the settings as "No authorization / No encryption

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read, BlueZ should be doing the pairing but it doesn't. I'm not sure if this is an issue with BlueZ or something unique to the BLE component. I was hoping that someone had some experience in the Linux world and could tell me if this should be working or not.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently trying to develop a Linux program to work with CYBLE modules. I started by modifiing gatttool source code. It is a painstaking process since there is no good document about BlueZ/HCI APIs. After I traced lots of code used by gatttool, I do not think there is a pairing feature in gatttool but I may be wrong. If you want to pair with a BLE device, I believe you have to use bluetoothctl program to pair with a device first before using gatttool.

0 Likes