Jump back to Bootloader Section

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BeEs_1597171
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo Cypress Community,

I just tried to implement a bootloader with a CY8CKIT-142 (Kit) on a CYBLE-214009-EVAL (Board) which should work with Bluetooth 4.2.

When I program the bootloader according to the application note "BLE OTA Fixed Stack Bootloader and Bootloadable
1.30" it works fine. It allows me to program a simple "Find Me" application via Bluetooth on Board which changes the blinking frequency of the RGB-LED on the Kit. So both the bootloader and the bootable use the Bluetooth connection. 

The problem occurs when I want to reprogram the Board.

According to the application note the bootloader section is called when pressing the button SW2 on the Kit (the jumper to connect 2.7 from the Kit to 3.5 on the Board is set J6). Simply nothing is happening here.

While the Bootable program was active a measurement with an oscilloscope came to the result, that there is no voltage on Pin 3.5 of the Board no mater if SW2 is pressed or not. Connecting Pin 3.5 of the Board to 3.3V of the Kit also had no effect.

While the Bootloader program was active a measurement with an oscilloscope came to the result, that SW2 works fine. It also wakes up the Board if no connection is established and it  went to power saving mode.

Since the bootloader section can not be activated I can not reprogram the Board. But I know that it is still on the chip since the BLE name is found for a short time after a reset of the Board.

I hope you guys can give me a hint on my way 🙂

Yours Ben

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you make sure that the Bootloader section is called in your code by Debugging?  If so, please make sure that the settings on the bootloader matches with that of our example projects.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you make sure that the Bootloader section is called in your code by Debugging?  If so, please make sure that the settings on the bootloader matches with that of our example projects.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes