Character LCD with I2C Interface Component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This is a bit of a one off,  but I'm curious to know if someone has been successful with adapting (configuring) the Character LCD with I2C Interface component for use with a 1602 display module such as this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Display-IIC-I2C-TWI-SP-I-Serial-Interface-1602-16X2-Character-Blue-LCD-Modul...

They are inexpensive and I plan to use them in a new amateur radio transceiver based on the PSoC 5.   

If this is not the proper forum for this post, please convey an alternate forum.

Regards,

Ron

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The 1602 is a normal display and will work with the PSoC HD44780 Controller components .  Here is a program that should work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
lock attach
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

The 1602 is a normal display and will work with the PSoC HD44780 Controller components .  Here is a program that should work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will take a look.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have built the project but have a question.  Where is the schematic component located so that I may place it on the top design?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

This a library you add the library to your library location then open a new project and add the library to your project using dependencies and you are ready to select the component. There is a schematic in the PDF of the library.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

This is a parallel model picture and it shows how to wire the LCD module you will only have 2 digital wires but you will need the other lines.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I think I did not phase the question correctly.  Where is the component that is to dragged on to the top design schematic page?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, Now I see.   Thank you.   I added the dependencies to the project and the component is now available.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now working.  Thanks!

0 Likes