I'm pretty sure there are plans to include peripheral capabilities and a full dual Bluetooth stack to the WICED Wi-Fi platform. Please post your question on the WICED Wi-Fi forum, maybe they can provide you details: WICED Studio Wi-Fi/Combo Forums
In addition, the new WICED Smart SDK version 1.1 (supports mainly services) supports Over The Air (OTA) firmware upgrades (Apps/RAM/ota_firmware_upgrade) using the BCM20732-based (Smart only, BLE operation not EDR/BT Classic) Tag board.
* This file provides the functionality required to support Over the Air WICED Smart Upgrades
* To download, the host sends command to download with length of the patch to be
* transmitted. After the device acks, the host sends fixed chunks of data
* each has to be acked. After all the bytes have been downloaded
* and acknowledged the host sends a verify command that includes CRC32 of the
* whole patch. During the download, the device saves data directly to the EEPROM
* or serial flash. At the verification stage the device reads data back from the
* NVRAM and calculates checksum of the data stored there. The result of the
* verification is sent back to the host.
Further details of OTA updates is discussed in the AppNote "How to Write WICED Smart Applications", which is available here on the website within the downloads section: How to Write WICED Smart Applications
Thanks for your quickly response for me^^.
Now I understand that the BCM20732 will support the upgrade feature using by OTA.
I have one more question for that the WICED Wi-Fi SDK will be support the Bluetooth Peripheral method or not? as I understand that now it is supporting the Bluetooth Central method?
Would please let me know the supportability ?
WICED Wi-Fi SDK integrates Bluetooth bridging API which you can use in one of the following two modes:
1. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or Smart which bridges BLE devices ONLY to the Wi-Fi connection using SmartBridge API. In this mode, the WICED device runs on BLE central role to scan for BLE devices.
2. Bluetooth classic running a RFCOMM server which bridges Bluetooth devices running RFCOMM clients to the Wi-Fi connection. In this mode, the WICED device advertises itself and allows other devices to scan and find it.
Is option 2 the solution that you're looking for? If it is, please take a look at Apps/snip/bt_rfcomm. Thanks.
Thanks for your kindly response!
I think that the option2 looks like to run the Bluetooth Classic, but I need to use the Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) operation with the Peripheral method in order to advertising iBeacon Profile.
WICED SmartBridge doesn't support that feature yet. There's a plan to support GAP Peripheral role, but the timeframe is still unknown. What is you timeframe to get this working?
Our timeframe is ASAP^^, and therefore we are using the BCM20723 module for the Bluetooth peripheral method temporally instead of BCM20705 module, but this solution is not so good, because there are issues regarding the OTA upgrade through WICED Wi-Fi and Bluetooth classic supportability.