!!!! Help in PSocCY8KIT-059-Serial to USB driver Problem !!!!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a doubt in that i want to ask you

1. I have PSocCY8KIT-059 in that i have to convert data from serial to usb.

so for that converting data from serial to usb do i need the driver from psoc for converting data and as well as i have to write the code also

or installing driver for serial to usb conversion is only enough ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Where do the "serial data" come from, which interface ?

Use the USBUART component, sprintf() and USBUART_PutString().

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Besides using the USB-UART bridge you can use the USBUART component which looks like a UART on the PSoC side, but uses the USB interface of the -059 kit. Converting binary data to readable ASCII is done with sprintf(). Do not forget to set the heap size to 0x0200

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need to some clarification , USB - UART components means usb - serial driver which i downloaded from cypress website[Please refer attachment]. My understanding is correct or not , if not could please give some suggestion.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

In Creator, Component Catalog, Communication, USB you find a USBUART component. This is the interface I am talking about.

What you downloaded is not the driver (that is part of windows OS) but a configuration program.

Bob

0 Likes
user_108962310
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

Vinay, you may find this thread helpful, where I ended up posting a minimum working example for using the USB-UART for sending simple text out to a PC USB host. The Cypress example is far too elaborate.
http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-5-known-problems-and-solutions/usbuart-v28-works-v30-doesnt

Drivers are still an issue, but they are there. There is a signed USB-to-UART driver that *should* automatically install from the Windows driver repository. There is also a generated driver (look for an INF file) as part of a PSoC Creator project, but that one won't be signed.
And I *think* that you have to be careful to not have your board in USB mass-storage programming mode, although I don't have that kit and I can't test it. To kick it out of mass-storage mode, I believe you hold down Reset for 5 seconds.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I got confuse so please read my query and tell

We want to convert serial data to USB , target we are using at cy8ckit - 059.
 For this we need to use any specific driver or modify the setting in Psoc IDE. Could you please give some
suggestion about serial data to USB conversion.

Thanks waiting for your answer

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Where do the "serial data" come from, which interface ?

Use the USBUART component, sprintf() and USBUART_PutString().

Bob

0 Likes