[SOLVED][Analog Coprocessor - Kit 048] Where's eoc terminal on the Scan ADC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

I would like to trigger a DMA transfer when the ADC conversion is done, so reading the Scan ADC datasheet found on the beginning of the page 31 that the DMA Req Signal must be triggered with the eoc terminal, but i can't found that terminal anywhere on the datasheet nor the component configuration window.

Been reading that some Analog Coprocessor features are missing in the current PSoC Creator version, so i would like to know if this is one of them (missing eoc terminal).

Attached is a snapshot of the DMA Section on the Scan ADC datasheet.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably a mis-print for a new device.

The signals is

eos (end of scan, all active channels sampled)

Bob

0 Likes

Hi Bob,

That was the first signal i tried to connect to but Creator throws an error telling me that eos signal can't be used for triggering DMA (or something similar), there´s another signal: sdone, if i connect the DMA trigger to it i get no errors but i am not sure if it's the correct one, conversion takes a little more cycles than sampling.

I had read that the new Creator will come out until the next year, hope it doesn't take that long if this is an error 😕 .

Carlos

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to create a support case asap.

Bob

0 Likes

Just did, will come back here with the results.

Carlos

0 Likes
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Here's the answer:

"In current version of psoc 4B, sdone signal instead of eoc should be connected to dma. This is issue in silicon and this will be fixed in upcoming version of silicon. Mention the customer to use sdone signal instead of eoc signal. Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

I do not now if sdone will trigger the DMA before or at the same time eoc would do it. will do some test.

Carlos

0 Likes