1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 4:58 PM by userc_2330 Branched to a new discussion.
      • 1. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
        VictorZ_46
        The Tag board which is provided with SDK has only 1 button exposed.  If you can wire GPIO pins, any unused GPIO can be used as buttons 2 or 3.  You will need to modify hello_sensor_gpio_cfg to add the pin number and the flags.  Check the button definition in WICED_Smart_SdkInlcudePlatformsBCM920732TAG_Q32platform.h.  For button 2 flags would look something like that

#define GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON2  (GPIO_INPUT  | GPIO_INIT_LOW  | GPIO_BUTTON2 | GPIO_INT)
        1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • 2. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
          Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.
          • 3. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
            So I was tweaking the code, trying to figure out how button interrupts work. And in the middle of tweaking, I realized that the interrupt handler doesnt get called when I push the button. After a day debugging/reverting my code so that itll work again, Ive decided to re-download and re-install the IDE. I enabled trace messages and downloaded the stock hello_sensor.c program onto the tag board and the program still does not seem to run the interrupt handler when I push the button. In my hyperterminal screen, I can see trace messages whenever I connect/read/write from my smartphone, but the button doesnt do anything(interrupt, flash LEDs like before, increment in the characteristic). Im not sure what to do next do be able to use interrupts again.

Do you have any suggestions to remedy this situation?

Thanks.
            • 4. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
              VictorZ_46
              Unless you broke the button ore rewired something it should work.  Check the Wiced-Smart-SDKIncludePlatformsBCM920732TAG_Q32platform.h.  It should have

#define GPIO_PIN_BUTTON       0

#define GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON  (GPIO_INPUT  | GPIO_INIT_LOW  | GPIO_BUTTON | GPIO_INT)

hello_sensor_gpio_cfg to have GPIO_PIN_BUTTON and GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON.

And Create function to have

bleprofile_GPIOInit(bleprofile_gpio_p_cfg);

and

bleprofile_regIntCb((BLEPROFILE_SINGLE_PARAM_CB) hello_sensor_interrupt_handler);
              • 5. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                Thanks for your reply.

I have all the code that you have listed and it still does not work. DOes this suggest an hardware issue?

Thanks
                • 6. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                  VictorZ_46
                  If the same software used to work and does not work anymore, it is probably hardware, although Ive never seen the big white button going bad (hope that is what you are pushing).
                  • 7. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                    Thank you for your reply. It is the big white button I am pressing.

So I decided to probe the switch to see what was going on.

• SW1 pin4/VDDIO was measured to be 1.812V.
                    •  

• SW1 pin 1 was measured to be 1.614V.
                    •  

• When I pressdown SW1, the voltage goes to 1.796V.
                    •  

Is this correct? I do have SW1 configured as GPIO_PIN_BUTTON with GPIO_SETTINGS_BUTTON, which means that it is initialized low as in input at P0.

Thanks.
                    • 8. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                      userc_2330

Hi all, I am new to the forum, I was trying to build a program for the BCM20732. When I choose Build Target in the Make target window, the problem says :

12:44:48 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:\\Users\\vyin\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" test

make: *** No rule to make target 'test'.  Stop.

12:44:48 Build Finished (took 317ms)

Anybody knows how to result the issue?

Thanks a lot.

• 9. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                        MichaelF_56

Are you attempting to build/program to a BCM920732 Tag board using the following make file: RAM.hello_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

If yes, what if any changes have you made to the example code?

Which Windows based SDK are you using?

I'm using SDK 1.1.0 and am seeing a clean console output based on the provided application code (see below):

13:24:26 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****
                        "C:\\Users\\mfortner\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0\\WICED-Smart-SDK\\make.exe" RAM.hello_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download
                        Linking target ELF
                        OK, made elf.
                        Writing Hex image
                        Call to hello_sensor_spar_crt_setup @ 00209641
                        OK, made C:/Users/mfortner/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.full.hex.

OK, made C:/Users/mfortner/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:
                        51eeb6b9e0d41f8ea7731d50350188ab *../../build/hello_sensor-BCM920732TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20732A0-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Patches start at                  0x00205918 (RAM address)
                        Patches end at                    0x00208B1C (RAM address)
                        Application starts at             0x00208A08 (RAM address)
                        Application ends at               0x0020963D (RAM address)

Patch size (including reused RAM)      12804 bytes
                        Patch size                             12528 bytes
                        Application size                        3125 bytes
                                                              ------
                        Total RAM footprint                    15653 bytes (15.3kiB)

Converting CGS to HEX...
                        Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...
                        Conversion complete

Detecting device...
                        Device found

Downloading application...
                        Download complete

Application running

13:24:50 Build Finished (took 24s.71ms)

• 10. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                          userc_2330

Hello,

Thanks you so much for your quick response. Here are my steps to have these problems.

1)    I try to build/program to a BCM920732 Tag board

2)      I chose a project in the Projector explorer panel on the left side of the IDE

3)      I right click a project such as Automation_IO and choose “Make Targets” and then “Create” to have below window:

4)      Target (test1) was created in the Make Target panel on the right part of IDE as below

5)      I right click the “test1” target and choose “Build target” and get the error message:

13:44:11 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:
                          Users
                          vyin
                          Documents
                          WICED
                          WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0
                          WICED-Smart-SDK
                          make.exe" test1

make: *** No rule to make target 'test1'.  Stop.

13:44:11 Build Finished (took 169ms)

6)      I wonder what’s the rule to build a target. The error happens to all the project on the left panel of Project explorer.

However if I “Build target” for the existing target files it works fine. See below:

7)      So I must did something wrong, or my IDE has a wrong settings. Please help me. Thanks.  My settings are:

• 11. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                            MichaelF_56

Go here and download the Quick Start Guide: WICED Smart Docs & Downloads

Take a look at the "Building your First App" sample...

This method of copying, then pasting and renaming a new target in the right hand Make Target window is what I've used.

For custom development, you will also want to copy an existing sample App such as Automation_IO by right-clicking on the Project folder and copying the project.  You will then want to paste and rename it back into the Apps/RAM folder with a new name (this will preserve the original example app).

Within the Make Target window on the right, you will want to make sure your cut and pasted copy also has the same name as your renamed project folder, for example if you named the new project "newwidget" you would want the copied Make Target named RAM.newwidget-xxxxx

• 12. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                              userc_2330

Dear there,

Thanks for your help again.

I followed the procedure in page 11 of 23 in the attached guide. It still shows errors:

1)      Copy “RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download target”

2)      Paste it to same place to have “Copy of RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download”

3)      Build Target for it, the error is

17:22:59 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:
                              Users
                              vyin
                              Documents
                              WICED
                              WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0
                              WICED-Smart-SDK
                              make.exe" Copy of RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

Makefile:173: *** Platform makefile not found: Platforms//.mk.  Stop.

17:22:59 Build Finished (took 124ms)

4)      I think if you uninstall your IDE and reinstall it by default, you may see same problem. I don’t know how my problem happened and how to fix it, file path is wrong?

Thanks

Victory

• 13. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                                VictorZ_46

Hi Victory,

Read the instructions carefully.  When you rename remote the "Copy " in the beginning and you will be fine.  Good luck.

Thanks,

Victor

• 14. Re: buttons in hello_sensor.c
                                  userc_2330

Hello Victor,

I have problem also after I rename a target file from RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download  to ROM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

18:36:13 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:
                                  Users
                                  Victory
                                  Documents
                                  WICED
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK-1.0.1
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK
                                  make.exe" ROM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

makefile:52: ../../Apps//makefile.inc: No such file or directory

makefile:96: "Warning: ELF_LIST is undefined."

makefile:96: "Warning: NUM_PATCH_ENTRIES is undefined."

makefile:96: "Warning: PATCH_ENTRY_SIZE is undefined."

makefile:96: "Warning: LMPREV is undefined."

make.exe[1]: *** No rule to make target '../../Apps//makefile.inc'.  Stop.

Makefile:277: recipe for target 'ROM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32' failed

make: ***  Error 2

18:36:13 Build Finished (took 468ms)

1)      Can you send me your IDE’s file path, C++ build settings and behavior settings? I want to compare if it is same as mine.

2)      Can I set up a webx so you can my screen so that you can help to figure out problem?

3)      Can you see my emails below if you can find something wrong?

Thanks

Victory

I followed the procedure in page 11 of 23 in the attached guide. It still shows errors:

1)      Copy “RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download target”

2)      Paste it to same place to have “Copy of RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download”

3)      Build Target for it, the error is

17:22:59 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:
                                  Users
                                  vyin
                                  Documents
                                  WICED
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK
                                  make.exe" Copy of RAM.automation_io-BCM920732TAG_Q32 download

Makefile:173: *** Platform makefile not found: Platforms//.mk.  Stop.

17:22:59 Build Finished (took 124ms)

4)      I think if you uninstall your IDE and reinstall it by default, you may see same problem. I don’t know how my problem happened and how to fix it, file path is wrong?

Thanks

Victory

Thanks you so much for your quick response. Here are my steps to have these problems.

1)    I try to build/program to a BCM920732 Tag board

2)      I chose a project in the Projector explorer panel on the left side of the IDE

3)      I right click a project such as Automation_IO and choose “Make Targets” and then “Create” to have below window:

4)      Target (test1) was created in the Make Target panel on the right part of IDE as below

5)      I right click the “test1” target and choose “Build target” and get the error message:

13:44:11 **** Build of configuration blood_pressure_monitor-BCM920732TAG_Q32 for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

"C:
                                  Users
                                  vyin
                                  Documents
                                  WICED
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0
                                  WICED-Smart-SDK
                                  make.exe" test1

make: *** No rule to make target 'test1'.  Stop.

13:44:11 Build Finished (took 169ms)

6)      I wonder what’s the rule to build a target. The error happens to all the project on the left panel of Project explorer.

However if I “Build target” for the existing target files it works fine. See below:

7)      So I must did something wrong, or my IDE has a wrong settings. Please help me. Thanks.  My settings are:

1 2 Previous Next