Using opamp in PSoC4 Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I started a few days using this kit and have been doing some experiments. Now I'm trying to do the example project named "OpAmp_PSoC4_Example", but I'm not getting the expected result.

In the pdf file of that example project it says that I have to "Power cycle the device". This means that I have to select the "Power cycle" programming mode in PSoC programmer?

I am only programming this kit using the onboard programmer (KitProg) and it only supports "reset" programming mode. I don't know if this is the problem and if have to get MiniProg3 (that I think it supports "power cycle" programming mode).?

PS: I am powering this kit just using the USB port.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

When you read the description thoroughly you see that the "Power Cycle" does not refer to the programming but is used to start the PSoC. There is no code executed after the opamp is started, so there is nothing to watch in debugger. The device (the opamp) runs independently, just using usb power.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I really misunderstood the english.

So basically, to do this project I can power my board with the USB port, apply an input voltage to P1[0] from an external power supply and then just do the following steps to read Vout in P1[2].

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Quite right! You even may start debugging. This will stop at the first line of executable code, so you do not need to power cycle your board at all. Just click on the "Run" button and let the PSoC do its work.

Bob

0 Likes