Welcome in the forum, Alex.
The CY8CKIT-049 has got a bootloader pre-progammed and can be programmed using the bootloader host (from Creator - Tools menu)
For starting your experiences with PSoC 4 I would suggest you to get hands on a CY8CKIT-043. This kit has the benefit to allow programming and debugging directly from Creator.
Alex here is the programs you need to insure your bootloader programs are working correctly. I am using PSOC 4.0.
- Unzip this program.
- compile it on your system
- Press and hold Sw 1 on your CY8CKIT-049-42XX board and insert it into your USB port.
- The led 1 should be blinking.
- Press Tools on the PSoC creator and select Bootloader host
- Your board should appear in the window.
- USB Serial port Com4 should be in the list select this item.
- Baud rate should be 115200 , Data bits 8, stop bits 1, Parity None.
- Click on file
- Click on CortexM0
- Click on Arm_GCC_493
- Click on Debug
- Click on the file with .cyacd
- then click open to select this.
- Then press the Green arrow that is pointing down on be bootloader host screen.
- It will program your device.
- A couple of points you need to have the bootloadable component on your topdesign.cysch Make sure it points to the correct bootloader .hex and bootloader .elf files on your system.
- That is it.
- I agree with Bob that the CY8CKIT-043 is a lot easier to use and allows debugging and this device doesn't
Thanks both of you, sorry for de delay, I had some issues with my internet connection. I will try to follow the steps. Related to the CY8CKIT-043, it is kind of hard to get, I live in Cuba and we cannot buy online anything, so I only have this kit (the CY8CKIT-049-42XX). I will try to do it at home tonight. Tomorrow I will let you both know. Thanks.
Thanks guys, I already did it and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!! No problem at all. Thanks a lot!!!!