11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 12:30 PM by user_365962704

Unable to debug with newer version of ARM GNU Toolchain.

user_365962704

Hi,

Just to play with Creator 4.0 i did installed the newest GNU ARM Toolchain (Version 5-2016-q3-update at the moment) [1], and went to Tools > Options > Project Management > ARM Toolchains, set Default Toolchain to ARM GCC Generic and the place the path to the bins of the newest toolchain on the dedicated place.

Being able to compile, generate the bin files and program the PSoC device as usual (usual meaning using the toolchain provided with Creator) but i'm not able to Debug, there's a couple of errors:

- "There was an unhandled error during the debug session. This has forced the debugger to shutdown. Try again."

- "The request to start the debugger failed. Make sure that all files with debugging information are available."

Don't know if it's related to the toolchain used, is possible to do a debug session with the default toolchain provided with Creator (both projects builded in Debug mode).

I can work with the default toolchain but i would like to know if it's possible to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

[1] https://developer.arm.com/open-source/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads