Built in JTAG on SuperSpeed Explorer Kit with Mac OSX or Mac Sierra (and Linux)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering where I can find the file arm926ejs_FX3.cfg.  It looks like the most recent version of OpenOCD has the correct devices installed to work with the CY7C65215 on the Explorer Kit board.  But that I can't tell until I try.

Otherwise I'll also need the patch files to patch and recompile OpenOCD.

Any advice is welcome.

I also have the same questions for Linux.

I have no access to Windows.  Haven't touch the stuff in about 15 years. 😉

Finally, I want to get up and running on the kit using the debugger built in through the CY7C65215 on both Mac and Linux.  Any pointers to someone who has already done this with advice would be great.

Thanx for the help in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you install the SuperSpeed explorer kit package in windows you can find the file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\SuperSpeed Explorer Kit\1.0\USBSerialOpenOCD"

I am attaching the file here for your convenience. Please rename the extension from *.txt to *.cfg

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the file.  As I said in my email, I do not use Windows, but next time I will look in the Windows files if I can not find what I need.  I did find the file deep in the Linux tar file.  

I'm now having issues running the OSX version Eclipse.  I'm running the latest version of Sierra.  It just doesn't run at all.  Does anyone have it working at this point?  The error message is "The application EzUsbSuite.app can't be opened".  I wonder if this has something to do with the new security on Sierra?

Thanx,

Richard

0 Likes