Getting DelSig_16Channel Example to Work on CY8KIT-059 (with Serial instead of LCD)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am modifying the  DelSig_16Channel example to get it working on a CY8KIT-059, using the serial port as a substitute for the LCD for data output.   Has anyone got this example to work on the PSoC5 either as is or modified?   At the moment I only need 4 channels and I am working in a single-ended mode on the ADC.

I notice that the EOC pin sometimes shows no activity even though I get a decent pulse on the SOCPin, and even when it does show up, the numbers coming off the ADC make no sense. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Example running at 14 bits

When I GND pins, I get count of 65535 and when I put VDD on Pins I get approx 10977.  Not sure if the EOC pin is firing (I don't have a scope at my location)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed arithmetic (aligned to 16 bits)

65535 = -1 = good value for ground , only one bit off

10977 = 0x2AE1, a bit more than 1FFFF maximum for 14 bit signed, the delta sigma is known to overshoot the specified range, check the datasheet. This could be good or not depending on the analog reference value used.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Magnus.   That explains the numbers I am getting.  I have it on Vssa to 7.5V range and 65565 * 5.0/7.5 is 10922.

The triggering is a separate and intermittent issue which we have not got to the bottom of.   

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

You have a 4 input Mux but only a 2 input count signal. The original example the trigger example matched the mux inputs. This may be causing your issues. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No - that's not it.   With 2 lines, you can set 0x00, 0x01,0x02, 0x03.  A 16 channel  MUX only needs 4 Count lines.  The LUT sets these lines.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Increase your stack size it is set to 0x80 by default but this is too small for some applications increase it to 0x200 and see what happens.

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8

Okay I made the example and it seems to read channel one but doesn't toggle to the other inputs.  Your project is missing the selection switch and that may be the issue.  I haven't added the switch yet so for now I am stuck on channel 0.  I just tried the switch input. It will not sequence without a user input in the example program. Did you put a sequencer in your program?

0 Likes