JTAG not available as Debug Select option

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm running PSoC 3.3 for CY8C3666LTI-027.
In the System tab of the IDE there are only the two debug select options: SWD and SWD+SWV.
There's neither choices for GPIO (no debug) nor JTAG. None of the JTAG pins are used for anything else.
JTAG is needed for boundary scan and programming using third-party probe.

What may be the reason why the JTAG options do not exist?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution 🙂

It suddenly struck me that I was working on an application that is dependent on a bootloader. The bootloader had all the debug options. When changing to JTAG for the bootloader and including the newly built bootlader in the application, all the options appeared for the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please try updating the PSoC Creator and check. I'm able to see the JTAG option in PSoC Creator 3.3CP3 for a sample project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I tried updating to both SP2 and CP3 but with same result. On the other hand, when I opened an example project I could see all the five Debug Select options even after selecting the same device.

This is a design I have ingerited. Are there some settings or pins that need to be set or something else in the design/configuration required to enable JTAG?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the solution 🙂

It suddenly struck me that I was working on an application that is dependent on a bootloader. The bootloader had all the debug options. When changing to JTAG for the bootloader and including the newly built bootlader in the application, all the options appeared for the application.

0 Likes