WICED does not currently provide any APIs to work with STM32 STANDBY mode.
I would be interested in hearing an explanation of those defines as well
Attached is a working STM32F2 standby mode example app.
- Boots up and initialises WICED
- If it boots up out of reset pin or normal power up, initialises the RTC to 1/1/1970 00:00:00
- Join to Wi-Fi network (change CLIENT_AP_SSID and CLIENT_AP_PASSPHRASE to your desired Wi-Fi network)
- Performs SNTP sync 5. Set the RTC to the NTP time
- Perform DNS lookup for google.com
- Sends a HTTPS GET to google.com
- Deinit WICED
- Set RTC alarm to set off 10 seconds later. This can be change by changing SLEEP_TIME_SECOND define up the top.
- Enter standby mode.
- Repeat and skip step 2 when the system exits standby mode
We are currently struggling to get our BCM943362WCD4 to consume less than 1,47mA in low power. We are using the snip.ping_powersave provided with the SDK.
Whilst we keep trying to reduce the power consumption is it possible to get the standby mode example app mentioned in your reply, to see if we can reach lower consumtion figures?
We are also interested in seeing your example. If extreme powersave can be achieved, this will help us release our product on WICED instead of searching for alternate solutions.
We are hoping to run the product on 2 x AA batteries with 1 minute wakeup for UDP broadcast.
Which WICED module are you using?
What battery life do you require from 2 x AA batteries?
Note that modules from ACKme Networks are the lowest power WICED modules available on the market today. You may want to consider using these modules if your application needs low power.
Please contact ACKme at http://ack.me/contact for further information.
We are using Murata Type YD due to space constraints and hoping to get close to 1 year of battery life.
Is it possible to get your suggested code sample to try?
can you elaborate on size constraints?
Hi Nick. The requirements didn't change since we last talked. Give me a call if you want to discuss.
Sent from my iPhone
Mustafa, i didnt realise that was you till i saw your last name. I cant remember the details of your size requirement because i had to give up my records when i left microchip.
I have something quite small in the works but it's not released yet. We can talk offline next week.
Sent from my iPhone (expect some funky spellings)
will ill you be able to send me the example you mention above?